Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School

Wow my babies are 5 and starting school. I feel like I just had them, I'm not ready for this but like all things it happens if your ready or not. It went well I think. A little anticlimactic. We have done so many projects and work sheets the last year it was almost like any other day. I had the kids get dressed before breakfast and when were finished eating we started school. We did bible class first, about 35 minutes, than they went out to play and I cleaned the basement. It's going to be the school room someday. Hank thought if he worked fast he could go play before Karlee so his first page looks like Brody did it. When he found out this didn't work he did a better job. After abut 30 min we were back to the table for science and language arts. We also read some poetry and worked on handwriting. We are starting the kids with cursive this year. I know their a little young for that. We will see how it works and if they just cant get it then next year we will try something new. We skipped history and math today as we started that last month and are about a week ahead of schedule. Brody did great, he colored and played with toys. Over all it was a good day. Oh, the kids climbed on the roof of Joe's pickup to night and were put to bed with out a story.







So in other news my garden is trying to grow but with all the cool weather and rain things sre slow. I have about 3 heads worth of lettuce today and some beans. I just love my garden ans wish I could spend all day in the dirt!

No comments: