Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Texas or bust


Yesterday my kids tried to go to Texas on foot. Joe and I were fixing the dishwasher and the kids were taking about going to Texas to see real cowboys. We thought that this was a game just like when they built a boat and went to sea. Well about 30 minutes later I look out the door to see my children at the county road. That's about 1/4 of a mile. One good thing is we live well off the road and that it doesn't get a lot of traffic. When I got them and and questioned Karlee on what they thought they were doing all I got was " We told you we were going to Texas." They got in trouble for going out of the yard and taking Brody with them as well as leaving their shoes at home. We talked about how far it was and went over strangers, cars, money, food, and what happens when it gets dark. I think all the reality of the trip was harder on them then me being mad. I don't think they will do it again but they are not going to play outside without me now. So much for some quiet time alone. Its funny when something like that happens, you want so much to yell at them and yet hug them because they are home safe. It was also hard not to laugh, they were so serious and determined to go.



Karlee, Hank and I made cookies today at nap time. They had so much fun and we worked it into our math lesson. They also folded and put away all their own laundry! Today was also our first science experiment, what public school has a science experiment on the 3rd day of school and lets you bake cookies? I love homeschooling!

No comments: